Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Super-luxury pads selling thick and fast

PREMIUM SPACES: Super luxury apartments are the latest in the city's realty scene. Courtesy: Vijay Shanthi Builders

Chennai's rich who are looking for the right living space have some fascinating options today.

Exclusive, super-luxury pads that offer cozy lifestyle, penthouses that add value to life and lifestyle, are the latest in Chennai's realty scene.

Villas and apartments that tap the power of technology to make life and living more comfortable are the pursuit of some of Chennai's big builders.

Massive price tags

Of course, they come with massive price tags, that hover around the Rs.1 crore mark. And know what? They are finding buyers, thick and fast!

For example, last month Vijay Shanti builders unveiled their super luxury offering - Patio - 15 exclusive apartments.

Each of these pads is spread across a floor space of 5,000 square feet each. The price tag: Rs. 4.25 crore each.

Peace and calm

Naresh Jain, Executive director of the building group, said that the architecture of the patio in Nungambakkam's Rutland Gate is French. The whole design is surrounded by the patio.

"For someone who can afford this, will look forward to peace and calmness. So we have provided for personal lifts for each house," he says. There is no staircase close to the living room. Instead the stairs are behind the utility area and kitchen.

With Vijay Shanthi's principle to build homes close to nature, bedroom spaces even those in the upper floors get a patch of greenery.

Symbols of luxury

Bathrooms too can be symbols of luxury, with their look, style and designer fittings. In this case, the bath is a massive affair - 14 ft. x 10 ft.

As the CEOs, IT employees and NRIs will already be members of some club or the other, the other amenities have been cut off in the apartments.

Instead a party space for 200 people has been added. The apartments have lumber room and a driver's room.

Each of the apartment space comprises four bedrooms, with a family and a formal living room. The 15 apartments have been spread on 22 grounds.

On four-acre plot

Now, Vijay Shanthi is coming up with a bigger project - apartments that will cost Rs. 8 crore each.

Another of their project is Club Cabana along the I.T corridor. A small community of 18 exclusively-styled villas that will cost Rs.1.25 crore each.

The project is to come up on a four-acre plot will have only 10 per cent built up area and the rest 90 per cent, a green spread.

Residents will have to park their cars near the gate and either walk, or bike or golf cart their way home through the greenery.

Courtyard

The project will begin in two months time. Vijay Shanthi's another project of this exclusive club is courtyard in Nungambakkam, Pycrofts Garden. Vishranthi Homes is another such building group specialising in high-end consumers.

Says Raghuram Reddy of Vishranthi, "Except one project Coconut Grove, all other projects in the city are above the Rs. 1 crore bracket."

Boom in IT/BPO sector

The boom in the I.T and ITES/BPO sectors is also leading to similar boom in the real estate sector, that too in that segment takinga tidy pay packet every month.

Christened "The Ferns", the first gated community international style exclusive villas, 10 minutes from the Siruseri complex on the IT corridor and five minutes from Kelambakkam and 25 minutes from Thiruvanmiyur is coming up on the East Coast Road in Thiruvidanthai Panchayat limits.

Out of the land area of 6.6 acres, 48 villas are to be built and along with the club house will occupy only 35 per cent of the total land area leaving 65 per cent to the private garden, well-laid out pathway and landscaped roads, children's play area and other common amenities.

Each villa will cost over Rs.85 lakhs and 17 villas have already been sold, explains D. Sudhakara Reddy, Chairman and Managing Director of Regaliaa Realty.

Designed as per Vastu

Each villa is designed by a Singapore architect keeping in mind the need of the present generation with a provision of an internet connection, home theatre system, modern security system, split air-conditioners and a family room and a partly covered terrace with a bar counter to entertain the guests in style.

The spacious living, dining and bedrooms are all designed to accommodate everything one fancies, Mr.Reddy said each villa has been designed as per Indian Vastu Sashtra combining with world class facilities.

Club house

A club house will also form part of the complex equipped with swimming pool with a toddlers pool and the support facilities seen in a high quality club house.

A jogging track, convenience store, a fitness centre, and an association office has also been planned.

Further details of the environmental-friendly villa project can be had from www.regaliaarealty.com

For those who can afford sky seems to be the limit and the developers are not complaining.

No comments: